Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pets on Quilts 2011

With four cats, when are pets not on quilts around here lol!  I also have at least 50-11 photos of the cats on various quilts so it's difficult to pick one cat let alone one quilt to highlight.  But choose I did and here is my entry in this year's Pets on Quilts Show hosted by Sew Cal Girl.

Morpheus and summer quilts
 This is Morpheus, my dearest, sweetest, black kitty and shadow.  Morpheus is 17 years young and I found him as a stray all those years ago.  You can read more about Morph's story on one of my early posts here

As you can see, Morpheus has a very comfy life.  Here he is on a pile of three summer quilts on the couch. 

I usually have lots of quilts on the couch and chair and switch them out seasonally.   

This quilt is one of the first quilts I made.  I just adore this quilt made from the Gingham Rose line by Moda.  The fabric is so soft and buttery feeling and the colors remind me of strawberries and lemonade and bright green early summer leaves.

The pattern is an early version of Strawberry Pie by my friend Pat Wys of Silver Thimble Quilt Co

The corners are rounded to give a soft feel to the edges too.

Click on the Pets on Quilts button on the left sidebar and check out all the entries and vote on your favorites. 

With all the dreary news, pets and quilts are guaranteed to make you smile. 

32 comments:

sunny said...

Awww..I love kitties, and he's a beauty. Love your Gingham ROse, too.

Barbara said...

What a prtetty kitty!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a handsome 'young' man he is! Love the Gingham Rose quilt.

*karendianne. said...

Gosh friend, I wasn't paying attention. Morpheus is highly worshipped with 17 years! Wow. I can't believe I missed that. And Stella I completely dig this quilt you're sharing. It looks soft and buttery.

Nanbon44 said...

how handsome he is, and he seems to take ownership of the quilts..

Gladys said...

He is lovely and how comfortable she looks! A hug!

Lynette said...

Morpheus is gorgeous. Really special feline friends are the most awesome thing in the world, aren't they?

Joanna said...

Morpheus is handsome and serene on your summer quilts. That's a beautiful picture.

Staci said...

Loved seeing your handsome cat! What a happy long life he has been blessed with!

Wacky Woman said...

You are so right. This has been good for the soul!

QuiltSue said...

Morph certainly looks comfy on those quilts. He's a lovely looking cat.

Carol said...

Big smile! What a sweetie! Love your quilt!

sewprimitive karen said...

Precious Morpheus. It's so lucky that you found each other!

Thearica said...

The kitty and the quilt both are gorgeous!

Becky said...

This is one of my favorite quilts. Morph looks gorgeous on it. They belong together:) This is one quilt that I have finished. It lives on our guest bed. See you tonight!

hetty said...

Morpheus is a handsome kitty! I love that quilt! Beautiful!

Dana Gaffney said...

What a beauty he is. I can see why you would love that quilt, it's beautiful and as an early quilt, you must be so proud of it. Thanks.

Miss Hillbilly said...

You are right, pets and quilts are way better than the news!

Lesly said...

Morpheus looks so young for 17! He's very handsome! (And a lovely quilt, too!)

Pat V. said...

Morpheus looks quite comfy there.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Gorgeous quilt, and gorgeous kitty. :) Thanks for sharing!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and kitty!

Jocelyn said...

Your quilt is beautiful as is your sweet kitty :-)

andsewon said...

What a handsome fella Morpheus is!Your quilt is a beauty too!

paulette said...

Gorgeous quilt and kitty!
Paulette

Linda K said...

Beautiful quilt, handsome cat! He looks quite content!

Snoodles said...

I hope my kitty lives that long...don't know what I'd do without him!

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Three summer quilts to lounge on? What a lucky Morpheus!

Melissa ;-) said...

You are right. Pets and quilts have made me smile!

Janet said...

Morpheus, a wonderful name for a beautiful cat. It is wonderful how cats love to snuggle, with us or with our quilts.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Here's to hoping Morpheus your shadow will have many more happy cat years in which to practice his shadowing work as well as taking care of you.

Nice round corners on your quilt, great idea.

LethargicLass said...

Morpheus sure is a handsome boy :)