Thursday, August 11, 2011

July UFO Challenge in August

Bet you thought I had forgotten given up fallen behind again on Judy's UFO Challenge.  That's OK, I thought the same myself.  July's challenge was #2 on the UFO list so I did work on bindings (in the middle of the hottest blasted summer ever and then the A/C went out which kind of delayed having quilts anywhere around). Even though it is August, here is one quilt, binding all done, and being held up by Quilt Holder S.




and here is another photo with Stella trying to see what is holding her the quilt up. 




The pattern is called Friendship Crossing by my friend Pat of Silver Thimble Quilt Co.  I think I bought this kit way back in 2004 and finished the top a couple years later and then had it quilted and then it sat and now finally it's finished.  Hooray!  Just like fine wine--it needed some resting time.

The quilt now has a purpose too.  A friend and former Starbucks co-worker of mine is moving to Germany with her husband and young son for 2 years while her husband works on his dissertation.  In honor of her super sweet, wonderful personality and the fun and friendship of working together.  I'm going to give this quilt to her.  The colors remind me of Starbucks too.  The endless green and white cups with red thrown in during Holiday.  Hope they enjoy this quilt and it helps keep them warm in the upcoming winter.

I'll post the 2nd July UFO tomorrow. 

5 comments:

Paula said...

I love this quilt, the colors are great together, and you did a wonderful job on it.
You are so sweet and kind to give this to your friend for when she moves away.
I am new to the sewing/quilting blogging land, and am organizing a Christmas Fabric Swap, and was wondering if you would be interested in joining in on the fun, if so you can read about it here at, Paula's Crafty Boutique.
Happy quilting
Paula

Sinta Renee said...

That is a great finish to a gorgeous quilt! I think that is going to make a wonderful present and a great reminder of your friendship!

Unknown said...

beautiful friendship crossing and what a wonderful gift!

Gari in AL said...

Maybe the quilt had to kind of hide until this purpose came up. It is beautiful: not colors I would have chosen and yet so right.

Becky said...

Wonderful! I finished mine in June, but haven't had it quilted. I'm on restriction because of major air conditioning and insulation expenses.