Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stitcheries and Kitties

 I finished my embroidery sampler and learned lots of new stitches courtesy of Bari J at We Love French Knots.  I love this website!!!  And her videos are the best.  I actually learned how to do French knots, chain stitches, and bullion roses (yes, I have amazed myself).  I am a very novice embroideryer stitcheryer needleworker (so novice I don't even know what the latest hip term is...).

Previously, I knew how to do cross-stitching and back stitches and that's about it.
 Back stitches, I can do.  Here's my latest Hocuspocusville block and the fifth one I've finished. 
Random cat photo just for fun.  Stella was on pillow duty again and Gomez was keeping watch for more earthquakes, hurricanes, or who knows what. 


Is it me or has August just been weird???

6 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Congratulations on the finished sampler. I haven't made many efforts to learn things off the video Web. It's useful, isn't it? I can see that it is.

I'm excited to see the Hocuspocusville block. You did a great job and it's such a FUN block. I love it.

It's most appropriate for Gomez to take 'First Watch' while Stella pulls 'Pillow Duty' - all members have a contribution to make.

Unknown said...

Love you finished pieces!!!

sunny said...

Nice stitchery! I haven't even started it yet. I'm glad you have watch cats!

Unknown said...

Glad that Gomez took first watch and let Stella get her beauty sleep. Luv the sampler

dianne said...

it isn't just you - august HAS been weird...

love your HPV not the virus block - and the sampler is waaay cool ... i found out from the We Love French Knots site that i have been making bullion roses the hard way for YEARS ... and, speaking of years, my word verification is "olden" - so i think i'll take my old bones for a nap

Carol said...

Love your hand work!!!