Monday, February 28, 2011

Eventide: Cutting and Sorting

As hard as it was, I did unwrap my fat quarter bundle of Fig Tree fabric and spent a good deal of time on Sunday ironing and cutting and more ironing and more cutting. 

Good thing I put a new blade in the rotary cutter. I love the colors in this line.  Peach, robin's egg blue, new leaf green, creamy white, a taupey gray, bright lilac, and a wine purple as a dark accent.

I always write all over my patterns with notes, check marks to show the steps I finished, and the colors for the different pieces. Do you?  










The next step after cutting was sorting all the pieces into block sets.  Voila!  Did that too. Now all of this fabric goodness is happy in its project bag waiting for some sewing time.   I bet lots of Eventiders out there have sewn blocks so this post is probably boring but it's progress!!!  Hooray for progress!!

10 comments:

Béa said...

Good start !I too cut all my pieces and mix and label for the Ohio Stars this week.

Sharrieboberry said...

You're ahead of me! I haven't cut a thing yet. Maybe today is the day to do some cutting.

Quilter Kathy said...

Cutting takes a large chunk of time, so you have made some great progress!

Waytogojb said...

Those are so pretty! I can see why you would be so excited to play with them. Looking forward to seeing the quilt. Great to see you last Sat. morning.

Nicole said...

I do the same thing--write all over my patterns. With Miss Rosie cutting instructions, I would be in a pickle if I didn't check off what I had already done!

paulafrances said...

I saw in your previous post that you had 3 Fig Tree bundles to choose from. I have saved a lot of Fig tree fabric, myself! I'm so dysfunctional... it seems so pretty to me that I am always looking for a more "perfect" way to use it! so there it sits....beautiful unused fabric! I did make "Rosettes" with Patisserie, because it was a layer cake pattern and I could part with the 10" squares! The results are gorgeous... so I know you'll love your Eventide!

Michele said...

Beautiful fabrics.....I'm glad you were able to cut into them!

Micki said...

The fabrics are just wonderful! You did a great job with it all!
Micki

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That fabric is gorgeous. Looking forward to the quilt.

Deb said...

Which fig tree fabric are you using, it's very pretty and I've never purchased their fabric before...probably can't get it any longer though.