Friday, February 4, 2011

Cold Rainy Friday = Time for a Latte

After a long week; a very dreary, cold, gray, rainy day; and a Friday full of meetings, it was time to hit Starbucks for a cup full o' pick-me-up!


 Yes that is FOUR shots of espresso in that grande cup.



Told you I needed a pick me up....  

I came home and was ready to sew sew sew!!!!!!
I whipped out that last three blocks from the 2010 Jelly Roll Sampler by the Quilt Room
Zoooooooom! 

And started working on sewing the rows together.  I hope to get this top finished tomorrow and get the backing and binding pieced.

In other news:  After only looking through two bins, I also found my  February UFO challenge project.  As nicely packaged today as it was when I bought it...



.... in 2004!!!!!

I hope to either get working on this or finish up January's project this weekend.

I may need another latte...

4 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, I really like your 2004 pattern. Hope you get right to it so I can see it come to life :-).

dianne said...

oooo! those blocks are soooo pretty! i bought the same jelly roll for the Quilt Room's 2010 sampler but i haven't started any of them - now i really, really want to ... i wonder where i put the fabric?

it WAS a really long week, wasn't it? we had two snow days (actually, they were subzero days with wind chill of -50 gazillion) and i didn't think the kids were EVER gonna go back to school ... i dunno anything about espresso - but if it would make the weekend last a bit longer i would be willing to try a couple of shots.

carla said...

Now I understand how you always get more done than the rest of us!!! Super speed from FOUR SHOTS!!!

Michele said...

I love your Jelly Roll Sampler blocks.....great colors! Maybe that is what I need to be able to get more done :) It has been so dreary here too. I hope to see the sun again soon, but it won't be tomorrow....90 percent chance of rain! I hope you got lots done :)