Sunday, February 20, 2011

Spring Cleaning & a Pre-treat

One of my philosophies is treating yourself BEFORE you start a project you are not looking forward to starting. Seriously...
Life is short, have a treat first.  A pre-treat if you will.

It was a somewhat sunny day today and still warm so I decided I better get started on some spring cleaning along with the usual weekly chores.  Before I started though, I treated myself to a slice of this




Key lime pie.  A rather spring-y pie.  It always makes me happy when meringue turns out and doesn't shrink or weep.  I had an extra homemade pie crust in the freezer so used that instead of the usual graham cracker crust. 







I haven't even unpacked from Thimbles yesterday.

No sewing yet today. 
I haven't even unpacked from Thimbles yesterday.

6 comments:

Karmen said...

Oh yum! I like that!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I have never made a key lime pie and yours looks marvelous.

Carol said...

OMG that looks delicious...what an amazing meringue! That picture should be on the Food Network!

dianne said...

pie first ... unpacking later

i love pie - and your meringue is purty as a picture!

Unknown said...

That pie looks sooo yummy! I like the idea of treating yourself before starting a dreaded project.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Looks so good. And your meringue is lovely. I'm about to make a key lime pound cake for a dinner tomorrow night. Love key lime anything.