Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Sunday Sewing


Edgar Poe being very cute :) and "helping"
No big (American) football fans here and yet I still went out to get pizza, Greek salad and buffalo wings for dinner LOL!  Not a whole lot going on this weekend, although at was at Sweet Home Quilt Co. twice this weekend. 

Saturday was the last Groovy Girls meeting.  I can't wait for the next season to start sometime after spring quilt market.

Today, I was there to pick up the first blocks for a block of the month.  I came right home and finished it. Each month is two 6-inch blocks made from Thangles.  There are three different colorways to choose from. I picked "folk art."

I finished sewing the jelly roll sampler top on Saturday (with Edgar Poe's help of course) and started my February UFO challenge (oops forgot to get a photo--will do next post). I also made this week's Civil War block called "Richmond".  Something was off with the measurements and it ended up kinda wonky with points missing. If I get ambitious, I may remake this maybe with the 4-patches a smidge smaller or just live with it.

I can't believe it's nearly Monday already.  Seems like this weekend flew by too fast.

5 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Cute Edgar Poe. That's a shame about the points on the CW; love the fabrics.

*karendianne. said...

Oh I love this photo of Edgar Poe. He's so darn cute!!! Happy to read you did what any good, well bred American girl does on Super Bowl weekend - hits the quilt shop and makes a block. :)

Unknown said...

The weekend always goes by way too fast. Love your blocks.

Michele said...

Great colors in your blocks! Sounds like you had a nice weekend :) A couple trips to the quilt shop sounds like fun to me :)

Stitched With Prayer said...

Love Edgar Poe...such a cute photo. I also love the quilt top he is 'helping' with. What fabric collection is it that top is made from it is GORGEOUS!!! Hugs...