Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow-pocalypse Day 2 (1-11-11)

Another day of Atlanta being shut down because of snow and ice.  We still have lots of snow (maybe 2-3 inches left after this afternoon), and the roads around my house have about 2 inches of icy slush that is now turning to all ice.  Everything is closed again for tomorrow.  I bet all the school children are loving it. 

I went out to sweep off my truck and the back steps.  About 5 inches of snow, yes, with a broom!  Who knew I would need a snow shovel in Georgia???!!??  I better get one next time I am in Michigan!  Because of the freezing rain and sleet the snow had a thin layer of ice on top and walking through my yard made me think of creme brulee. 

Nothing much else is going on.  I did lots of sewing and hopefully will have something to show tomorrow. I think we are disrupting the cats' schedule and they are wishing that we would just go to work already lol!

5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Stay safe on that ice. It will be in the 20s again tonight in Texas, but no moisture.

Billie

sewprimitive karen said...

My cats are looking at each other as if to say, why is she here on a weekday lol. Snow Day #3 is here!

Karmen said...

I cleared my front walk by kicking the snow/ice off with my boots. Oddly it was very effective. I would try it on stairs though. Karmen

*karendianne. said...

Man, not kidding. Who would have though we'd need a snow shovel in HOTlanta! Gee wiz.

Ramey Channell said...

Hi Gretchen! I love your blog and your kitties. I just found you on Blackberry Creek, my sister Susan's blog. Had to tell you, I have a Jack Russel Terrier named Gretchen! She's a nut, and she loves kitties. (I have several.)