Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

Happy New Year everyone!!  It is raining here in the ATL but that is fine because I'm staying in my pjs and sewing all day.  I hope you all are doing the same. 

Yesterday, I dragged took S. with me to Sweet Home Quilt Co. for the last day of Melisa's end of the year sale.  We walked in the front door and saw lots of friends with big bags of goodies and stacks of fabric waiting in line.  How fun!  Becky, Kristie, and Brenda were there as well as Jane, Sharon H., Sharon B-A. Needless to say, we stayed longer than the "real quick" time I had given S. LOL!  I signed up for a block of the month and bought a few yards of this n that.

Last night was quiet and I fell asleep before midnight for the first time in decades.  Oh no! I guess being wrapped in quilts, watching movies, and Prosecco will do that. I think it was around 11 or 11:30 oh well.

Today I am all excited because Judy at Patchwork Times posted the number for the 2011 UFO challenge (#6) which is my Clara Barton quilt.  I had to search my own blog to find out the last time I worked on this LOL! It was in  June. Here is the photo from June of some of the blocks.  Time to dig this project out.

Another exciting (well for quilters anyway--the term exciting is relative ya know) happening today is the announcement that Barbara Brackman is posting a block of the week commemorating the sesquicentennial of the American Civil War on her new blog.  She is posting history, historical photos, and a block each week.  I hope some of you will join me in making this quilt!  Or at least follow along to enjoy the stories and photos.  I'm a big fan of hers because of her dedication to researching quilt and social history.  Besides sesquicentennial is just fun to say.

And thirdly, I am excited because Bonnie Hunter posted Step 7 yesterday of her RRCB mystery and I LOVE this quilt!  It is worth all the gazillion of little pieces.  I started putting some blocks together (even thought I haven't completed all the previous steps) and will post some photos soon.   

OK I'm excited, at least for today right now 1-1-11 (that's fun to type), and I'm headed to the sewing machine.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to see you yesterday. I think I wore myself out, I went to sleep about 11:00 on the sofa.

dianne said...

happy new year!!! i am gonna spend the day in my jimmiejams, too...

Karmen said...

Yes, ladybug, I am in my pjs and sewing. My new year's resolution is no sewing until the teeth are brushed. Don't think about it; just accept it. I will be kissing hubby good morning with minty fresh breath not just on work days! (I hope you are laughing and not gagging.) ;-)

Stitched With Prayer said...

Well, I've been in my jammies for several days now...down with a nasty cold and today is the same with one exception, I am going to do some stitching. It's only 4 degrees here so my sewing room is a little chilly as it's downstairs and even though I have a really good space heater in there, I don't like to have it running constantly so I will forgo the sewing machine today (I need to lay down anyway), and pick up my stitching bag. I can to that in a semi laying position and I'm REALLY tired of TV, LOL. Hugs all around and enjoy this delightful 1st day of 2011!!!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, post your section of Bonnie's quilt quick, wanna see. I believe I will follow along with Barbara Brackman's blocks, that should really be interesting.

Unknown said...

Yes, it is a pajama day. I have been sewing on RRCB. I am working on putting the blocks together. I keep coming up short and have to go back and cut pieces-missing one block from step 2 and also some a few from step3. worked on our swap quilt as well. May not get dressed tomorrow either!

Becky said...

Happy New Year! Meeting so many friends at Sweet Home yesterday was so much fun! I feel so blessed with the friends I've made through quilting. Would love to stay in my PJ's and sew, but that hasn't happened. Marion's mom has a cold s!o we spent time at her apartment. Had a fabulous dinner with neighbors last night! Another blessing. I thought of you when I read about Barbara Brachman's new blog. I think I will just read along, but love the history. Take care