Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Have you any wool?

This past weekend, I was digging in my fabric lair dungeon  avalanche  space and the old nursery rhyme "Baa baa black sheep, Have you any wool?" came to mind.

I updated the next lyrics to say:
"Yes, ma'am I do
 One bulging box full!"

My first inclination was to save it....
because....

you know....

they may never make any more again....

and then...

what if I needed some later????

But I really need to get o-v-e-r this kind of thinking because I am not going to end up on "Hoarders"!
Let's say this again--I am not going to end up on "Hoarders."

So yes, I cut up some of that wool. And then I found this little bundle of Fig Tree joy
from....

oh several lines ago....

maybe one of the first..... (ok I checked and it is one of Joanna's first lines from 2005)

why am I saving this?

Because it's so cutely wrapped up in a little bundle and it's Fig Tree and I may have had a certain project in mind at some point????
Probably.

OK let's be ruthless and use both the wool and untie and use this Fig Tree goodness.

Oh my. That's a lot for one afternoon.

But I did it.

And voila!  Here is block #1 of Bunny Hill's block of the month.


There, that was painless wasn't it?

11 comments:

Carol said...

Very cute block...and the wool and Fig Tree look absolutely wonderful in it...now you can really enjoy it!

Unknown said...

I adore Fig Tree and I too, have this "thing" for wool.

Great Block! I get the warm and fuzzies from it.

carla said...

Super cute block! You are the best!

Jacqueline said...

cute, cute, cute. I understand the "not wanting to cut into it" mode.

Unknown said...

Love your squirrel block.

dianne said...

okay ... i gotta admit ... the squirrel is cute - even if i do NOT like squirrels ... i think i could even grow to like him, especially since he's flat - bwah ha ha!

i really, really like his little scarf ... was it painful to untie that cute bow around your fabric?

Becky said...

Your block is much cuter than the block on Bunny Hill's blog:) Sure missed you on Saturday. Hope all is well! Love your motto, "I won't be a Hoarder:) It's a very fine line.

Gari in AL said...

Oh, I made my Henrietta block yesterday: wasn't it fun? And a lot more work that the last two BOMs she has done. Here we go again!

Michelle said...

Oh man...that's so cute! I'd forgotten that I wanted to start that BOM too! There just isn't enough time in the day!! LOL

Cathi said...

The block is adorable -- definitely worth dipping into that stash to create it! :-)

Angie said...

That is absolutely adorable!! Good for you for untying and cutting into those lovelies. Now, if I can only follow suit...see, I suffer from the same disorder..... ROFL