Sunday, January 9, 2011

North Star

The second block in the Civil War block of the week.
 I didn't get as much sewing done this weekend as I wanted to but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the big snowstorm headed for Atlanta is enough to cancel work for a day...

...2 days would be better as long as the electricity stays on!

I need to get busy on RRCB again since I have RRCB envy from all the finished or near-finished quilts I see on the internet. Check out Michelle's here.
It is STUNNING, Michelle!  Great colors and fabrics.

My buddy Karin is rolling right along on her quilt too.  Love those bright colors.

I'm still working on Mon Ami.  Here's a sneak peek at the center. 

It has been a sad weekend for our country and my heart and thoughts go out to the victims and their families in Arizona.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely work especially love the Mon Ami.

I hope you get your days off. It's looking good.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm envious of these two projects...I've been seeing a few "Mon Ami" projects in blogland, I might just have to start that one. The Civil War block of the week is hard to resist too, but I must!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Gretchen, the colors are SO pretty in the CW block, Mon Ami, and the purples/greens in your RRCB especially. Snow Day!! Dare we hope for a second one tomorrow??

Karmen said...

Doing the snow day happy dance here!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Liking Mon Ami.

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for a snow day, too bad we will have to make it up later.

*karendianne. said...

"Mon Ami" is so totally neat!!!! I really dig your CW block this week, too. Perfect fabrics.

Gina said...

Love the blocks you have done so far

love and hugs Gina xxx

Simone de Klerk said...

LOVE your Schnibbles blocks.