Wednesday, January 19, 2011

0.807954 miles of thread...and more to go

Well I've used up one spool of Aurifil thread (1422 yards or 0.807954 miles of thread) and am working on the second for the Roll Roll Cotton Boll quilt.  I am working like crazy on this quilt and am still piecing blocks. I have no idea how some bloggy friends (Michelle, Karin & Kristie) have already finished their tops.
the never-ending quilt project

I'm also slowly getting back into the swing of things from Atlanta's 10-day weekend otherwise known as Snow-pocalypse. There are just a few patchy snow spots left after all that drama.  It was very strange going to work on Tuesday (Monday was MLK, Jr., holiday). It was weird being out of the house and in real clothes instead of sweats/pjs.  It was weird being around people or as my boss asked "did everyone lose whatever social skills they had?" LOL!  Tuesday was a very looooooong day (what no movies, snacks, quilting, catnaps, cats?????).  An amazing amount of work piled up while everyone was stuck at home (how does that happen?).  I'm not sure if the cats were happy about getting back to their usual schedule or if they missed having their people around all day. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love your never ending quilt, you are ahead of me.

Unknown said...

love your blocks..keep on keeping on (and bring them to Thimbles). Can't wait to be there.

*karendianne. said...

Oh what a great post. I'm glad to read how much stitching you got done but I'm cracking up at your boss and this comment: "did everyone lose whatever social skills they had?" I think it's a sure bet the cats are happy to get back to their usual uninteruppted sleep schedule. They love their people but don't they just appreciate days on end of being total crashers... :)

sewprimitive karen said...

I love what your boss said. I have been wondering how the other Roll Roll Cotton Bolls got finished as well.

Michelle said...

An amazing amount of thread goes into this thing, huh? I love your RED triangles! Hang in there...you're almost to the end! :)

Micki said...

Your blocks are just amazing!
Micki