Friday, August 20, 2010

Zooming Through the Week

This week was really busy for me at the day job, which means not much was going on here in the evenings. Here's what I accomplished during the week.
Two pillowcases (with owls so you know I am keeping these)
The blue one is mine and the green one is for S.

The continued 90+++F weather and no rain has just about killed my Recession Garden: Year Two. (Is the Recession over? No. Not here. This garden was supposed to last through the first frost in October) The last of the tomatoes, as pitiful as they are, and some scraggly basil are the only things harvested recently.

I made a huge lasagna from Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution cookbook for lunches and dinners this week.
It was great! I'll definitely make this again.
I also made a blueberry pie with Michigan blueberries on sale at Whole Foods. (blueberries have so many antioxidants I bet the antioxidant factor outweighs the dessert factor don't you?)

Tomorrow is Silver Thimble Club (yea!). I better figure out what project I'm going to work on and get the stuff together before I crash. Happy weekend everyone!!!!

3 comments:

SheilaC said...

Fresh blueberry pie is one of my favorites!! YUM!

SheilaC

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, what a cook you are. It looks like Cuisine Magazine on your blog. Let us know what goes on at Silver Thimble.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are absolutely correct about the blueberry pie!