Friday, August 27, 2010

Party on the Porch Pre-Game Show

Can I get a HOORAY it's Friday? Another rough week this week and I am SO happy it is Friday.

This isn't just any ol' Friday though.

This is Party on the Porch Friday!

"Bad" Melisa at Sweet Home Quilt Co. is celebrating the 5th b-day of the shop this weekend.

This is the porch that is going to be filled with quilters waiting to get into the shop for some late night shopping. Porch party starts at 7PM with fun, food, games, and general quilty rowdiness (yes, Melisa notifies Conyers Finest (police dept.) well beforehand...). She won't let us in the store until 8PM no matter how much we beg and carry on.

Why am I here writing this blog when I should be on my way? Well because ATL traffic is so bad either I got there at 4:30PM (and took a nap on the porch) or I get there at a fashionable time. I decided to come home and feed the kitties and get some chores done before I head back out.

Of course I don't need one little bit of fabric or a book or anything else but I could really use some fun-with-friends time so I'll be taking my camera and reporting back.

4 comments:

dianne said...

have you read Cupcakes and Daisies? cuz you, my dear Gretchen, have WON a prize over there! woo hoo for you!!!

my word verification is "catuid" - and i think that it translates to cat-titude

Carol said...

Have lots and lots of fun! Would love to be there!

Susan said...

We did have fun, didn't we!

Micki said...

Sounds like fun! Wish that I could be there!
Micki