Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Hope everyone is having a happy Halloween and over-indulging on fun-size candy bars :) What is your favorite? For me, it's a toss up between Butterfingers and Reece's Peanut Butter cups and sometimes Snickers. Twix are good too. Maybe I better try them again to see what I like best...

No trick or treaters this year so far. Bummer. It's damp and drizzly and cool outside and there are not many kids in the area anyway. I think the most that have come in a year is around 10. Someday I'll live somewhere with lots of trick or treaters and then I'll decorate my house big time! Just like Martha...

In the meantime, I took some photos of houses in Michigan for inspiration. Halloween is celebrated a lot more than in the South. If you aren't too scared, check out these great houses
I love the coffin with the vampire and the big ghoul on the front facade. Nice old house too.

This person went all out with all the well-known horror movie themes. The huge spider web is a nice touch.
This house is very spooky at night with great lighting effects too.
I would love to sit on the porch of this house and see neighborhood kids' reaction!!!

6 comments:

Gina said...

We only had a few trick or treaters aswell, but that's because it's not as popular over here in the UK

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Carol said...

We don't get any trick or treaters...they seem to skip our cul de sac...those houses are great.

*karendianne. said...

These are all great but look at the chopped up forearms in that last one. Ghoulish!

We have the same "toss up" favs on the chocolate my friend. Why am I not shocked? hee

Becky said...

We had several groups of Trick or Treaters. Looks like they waited until the Georgia/Florida game was over. I gave out Bubble Gum this year. I was afraid if I bought something I liked it would not have lasted untile the 31st. My favorite candy is anything with chocolate and nuts. I especially like Mr. Goodbar and Snickers. Love the house pictures. Hope your birthday was sensational!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Reese cups. Unquestionably.

MelissaS said...

My favorites are so totally Snickers and Reese's Mini Peanut Butter cups....nummy, nummy.