Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2009

A big thank you to Amy at Park City Girl for hosting another Quilt Festival! I think I'll set aside a couple of hours (!!!) to check out everyone's posts. It's hard to pick a one quilt for this post (mainly because I have a huge amount of finished tops but less finished quilted quilts....I'm sure I am alone in this problem right? ahem....).

Here is the quilt that lives on my bed in the fall and the quilt I picked for this festival. (the lump under this quilt is one of my four cats... quilt helpers all)
I love the deep, rich, fall-y colors in this fabric line called "Vintage Reserve" by Minick & Simpson for Moda fabrics. I adore Minick & Simpson fabrics, every line they have done.
A detail and the back with some leftover blocks
The pattern is by my dear friend, quilt teacher, and mentor Pat of Silver Thimble Quilt Co. and is called "Strawberry Pie". Pat is one of the most fun, caring, creative, kind people I know and she has helped me learn so much about quilting and life and friendship. I thought it was appropriate to highlight one of Pat's designs for this post because I was so lucky and got to be Pat's helper/go-fer/booth attendant/girl Friday at the 2007 fall quilt market in Houston. It was a great experience and I am so thankful for that opportunity.

17 comments:

Zonnah said...

It really does make me think of fall. It is beautiful!

Unknown said...

This has got to be one of my very favorites of your beautiful works...I really like it and yes, it screams Fall.

Carol said...

What a great quilt! It's FALL! Love it!

AnnieO said...

Cats are soooo helpful, aren't they? Mine likes to hang out under the ironing board when I sew. That's a lovely quilt and definitely begs for a nap under it's coziness. Thanks for sharing.

*karendianne. said...

Oh my friend I love this quilt!!! Jumping up and down - do you see me doing that? I am, I am, I am. You did a great job and the colors... yummmmmm. The quilting is really pretty, too. What a great contribution my friend. Perfect.

dianne said...

ooooooh! verra nice!

Nat Palaskas said...

Great quilt. Love the back too - hugs Nat

Rosalyn Manesse said...

A very nice quilt, it looks cozy

Anonymous said...

Hi Gretchen- this is Gretchen!

Seriously... I'm in Chattanooga with three cats (and a daughter) and coffee and quilts and I was amused by all the similarities.

I think your quilt is lovely- I'm sure the cats were most helpful. Do your express preferences? Mine claim certain quilts as "theirs" sometimes while I'm still piecing them and get very annoyed if someone else trys to horn in on their 'claim'.

Lizzy said...

This is very pretty! The colors totally make me want to cuddle up under it!

Cathi said...

It truly does look like a fall quilt! Kitty helpers add, I think, an extra level of charm to quilts!

Karmen said...

I love that quilt! Karmen

Unknown said...

That is a great quilt. I too have done Strawberry Pie and it is one of my favorite patterns.

Susan said...

I love the colors in your fall version of Strawberry Pie!

Marika said...

Very kind beautiful quilt

SewCalGal said...

I love the colors & design. Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing and for participating in the Bloggers Quilt Festival.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the fabrics and design. : ) Thanks for sharing it!