Sunday, January 25, 2009

Is it really Sunday evening???

Where did my weekend go? Not much happened around here this week and I was so looking forward to getting a lot done this weekend. Of course weekend days somehow are much shorter than week days (I think week days seem to be about 34 hours long and weekend days about 14 hours long don't you?)

I did get some sewing time in and finished the top and backing for E.'s flannel quilt. It is a BIG quilt (for me--about 72 X 93") and I have no where in the house to lay it out flat so here it is folded up. It is all ready to go to my long arm quilter once she gets back from Florida.

I also worked on Bonnie Hunter's Orange Crush (aka my Mardi Gras quilt). I was farther along than I remembered and finished up the 30 spinning star blocks. I have to square up the pieced part of the album blocks and get those sewed together. Maybe I will finish it up by the end of the month.
This quilt is a lot of fun to make and I'm using all stash except for the main yellow.
The new "Irish Quilting" magazine I ordered from Pat Sloan's website came in the mail. It's a really great magazine with lots of projects I would like to make someday. Although I need another magazine subscription like I need a hole in my head, I may check out the subscription price....



8 comments:

kristie said...

Interesting cover on the Irish quilt magazine...I know my DH would love to have me make that and model just like her....okay well maybe that is just too much information. I agree with the hours of the weekend...just never enough. kristie

Simone de Klerk said...

I love your flannel quilt! The colors are so warm and together with the cosy fabric - it would be perfect for winters here.

Unknown said...

Love the lannel quilt!! I have a quilt to go to Peggy too. We leave for Florida in the morning.

Carol said...

Love your quilt...great finish!

KC Quilter said...

Gorgeous quilt! Can't wait to see it all quilted up. I need to be on the lookout for the Irish magazine--looks interesting.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi,
I wanted to stop by and thank you for commenting on my blog. I love all your quilts, especially the Roman Holiday quilt a few posts back!!
~Karen~

Unknown said...

I love the block you show for the Orange Crush quilt. you are much further along than I am.

Becky said...

E.'s quilt looks great. Love the blocks with the four patches. Seeing your Orange Crush makes me want to work on my quilt, too. It will just have to get in line with the rest of my projects :) Irish Quilting looks good. Please bring it to our next Thimbles meeting so we can take a peek at it.