Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Cleaned My Sewing Space Yesterday

Yes, I broke down and cleaned up my sewing space. I now can see some parts of the floor and more importantly, have a space on my table bigger than 2" x 2" to sew (yes that's inches!) Although I hate cleaning (I would rather be sewing!!!!), I love the results. I am happy happy to have some sense of somewhat more order in my sewing space (it's still rather cluttered with UFOs in bags...). Of course my allergies went haywire and I was snuffly for the rest of the day and up half the night (I am extremely allergic to dust--another reason not to clean).

I started cutting Bonnie's Double Delight Mystery Quilt. Wow that's a lot of cutting! I also found a Valentine's Day table topper project made of charm squares so got that cut out too. Bonnie's mystery from last year "Orange Crush" (aka my Mardi Gras quilt) was unearthed and I figured out where I left off.

Sewing Goals for this month: Finish Orange Crush and V-day quilts. Get working on Double Delight.


It is sooo cute! I am printing out the patterns but probably not starting this until later. I think my mom would like this applique--Mom, check it out by clicking the link above! Wonder if Karin will join in on this BOM since she is taking a dreaded "A" class soon (dreaded "A" = applique for Karin).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Karin will not be doing this applique project and she also is not taking the applique class...heehee some things never change. Applique will remain at this time "heinous applique". I have made one block of the 120 needed in step one of Double Delight. I don't have very many shirtings, so I am in slo-mo. I dug out Carolina Crossing to see where I stopped on that one. More binding to sew on this week-Obama Blue needs to be finished See you Saturday

Michelle said...

What? No pics of the clean sewing space? :P It is nice when the job is done, isn't it? Even if it's no fun getting through it.

Can you share the link to the Valentine table topper?

Still plugging along slowly on Step 2 of the DD mystery....

Michelle said...

After re-reading...I realized the V-day project probably isn't a online pattern. Never mind, no biggie...

Becky said...

I printed out the Bunny Hill Bom, too! Unlike our friend Karin, I want to do more applique and stitchery to improve my stitches. This project looks just right. I only printed out Double Delight. I'm in a no-sewing mood. Allergies! So I'm reading blogs and books instead. See you on Saturday!!!!!!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Don't listen to Karin she is probably a closet appliequer..

I'm working on my Home Sweet Home applique and lovin it.

P