Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Belated Tree Skirt

I got this tree skirt shipped off to my sister-in-law this week. It is only one or maybe two years late....The fabric is Moda's Mistletoe Manor so whenever that fabric came out, that's when I started the project. This great pattern makes two tree skirts at the same time (I made the other one for my mom; she already has hers) so it's a great pattern if you have more than one tree, you have a friend that likes the same fabric that you do, or you need two gifts. Visit my friend Pat at Silver Thimble Quilt Co. for the pattern.
Here's a cute photos of the cats. There is poor Stella on the bottom being used as a pillow for Morpheus and Gomez. Morph has a shiny new red collar as his at-least-a-decade-old one bit the dust. What a great way to spend a rainy day.

5 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

That is about the best looking tree skirt ever.

Unknown said...

Cozy and warm-hanging with your family-what a great way to spend a rainy day. But thean again the guys figured that out a long time ago

Aimee said...

Hi Gretchen,

Love the tree skirt. Was it hard to make? I also have been meaning to tell you that your Peace in the Valley quilt was beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are doing well. Aimee

Becky said...

Your tree skirt is done!!!! Great job! I just love how your green fabrics "pop". Great fabric selection!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Beautiful tree skirt. Thanks for using my pattern...I just love your fabbie choices!!

See you Saturday, I'm bringing your Peace in The Valley quilt...

Pat