Thursday, May 15, 2008

Perfect Rainy Day

It's been raining all day today, which is great since GA is still recovering from last year's drought. I don't mind a nice, steady rain all day especially if it is warm and not too humid. It's a perfect rainy day today. I've had the "blahs" all week. I think it's because I have been over-tired for too long (since sometime in November I think). But with gas nearing $4 a gallon, I don't think my work schedule will let up anytime soon. So I will suck it up and keep on keeping on.
The big news of the week is that my friend, mentor, teacher, and all around fantabulous person Pat has her new blog up. Check it out here. I know you will want to add it to your favorite blogs (and I'm not just saying that because she is my friend) because she is a wonderfully talented quilt designer and is really a lot of fun. I had the great honor of going to Quilt Market last fall with her to work in her booth and I have never laughed so much in my life.
The fabric I bought at Sweet Home last week was to make one of Pat's patterns called "Peace in the Valley".

I bought the FQ bundle at Fall Market and didn't know what I was going to use it for until Pat started her Civil War version of the quilt and I had one of those "Eureka" quilt moments and thought the design would look great in these cheery, saturated colors. The yardage is from Sweet Home for backing or borders or who knows.

Now for some retail therapy: Amazon.com is a dangerous website and should come with a warning every time I click on it (a warning that says "You have too many books already!!!! Put down the CC and step away from the laptop!!!!!" preferably in George Clooney's voice but I digress). I heart the comic strip "Mutts"; it is my absolute favorite. I have all the books and this is the latest with real life stories along with the "Shelter Stories" comic series.

The Jelly Roll book is a MUST for any quilters who are as addicted to jelly rolls as I am. There are 17 (!) projects in the book and all of them take one jelly roll plus some additional yardage for borders. I like these patterns much better than the ones that take multiple jelly rolls. The directions are clear and well written and illustrated. Well I guess that's 17 more projects to add to the "to do" list LOL!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Please bring the jelly roll book to the next sisters!!!!! I love looking at new patterns and lord knows I have a little bit of fabric!!!
having real trouble getting into orange crush...can I blame it on the blahs too?

Amanda said...

The jelly roll book is written by my LQS - I received my copy by post last a short while ago - signed!! I'm looking forward to making some of the quilts, they have loads of yummy jelly rolls in the shop and I'm always tempted, but now I CAN be tempted. No point having the book if I don't make something from it is there?

Becky said...

OH MAN!!! I just went to Fat Quarter Shop and put that book in my cart and was trying to be SO good. I guess I must go back now and purchase it. I'm addicted to Jelly Rolls, Charm Squares and probably soon those crazy Layer Cakes.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Hi you have been tagged by me! Hugs, Mary
http://mary-myneedlethread.blogspot.com

have fun!!