Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Scrambling

Whew! It's been a busy and exhausting week. I am glad it is over. Worked a lot at SBux (busy and exhausting). Too much stuff going on at day job (exhausting mentally).

I got the biopsy results back for Morticia (my kitty) and as suspected she has soft tissue cancer. Poor baby. We had a couple of really bad days this week and one bad night Wednesday when I was up til 3:45 am. But she is doing OK this weekend so that is good. Spent a lot of time with her and we took a couple of really good naps, which we both needed so that was time well spent this weekend. So we are taking it by the day now.

I did get some sewing time in. I finished the borders on my Morris Garden quilt and cut of the backing for it (I'm doing pieced 10" square from the leftover FQs, some yardage, and some leftover bits and pieces. I also pieced the back for "Sleep Deprivation". So I have 2 quilts ready and one nearly ready to go to the long-arm quilter. I have another back to piece and that will make 4 to take to her next weekend. I'm giving her my own economic stimulus package LOL!!!!Did not get started on the second clue to the OC mystery quilt but will work on that this week.

Read two great books which I highly recommend: Dream When You Are Feeling Blue by Elizabeth Berg and Pug Hill by Allison Pace. Dream takes place during WWII on the homefront and is about a family dealing with food shortages, fiances overseas, dances at the USOs, etc. Really good book. I think a lot of kids would be surprised at how people lived during the 1940s. For instance, the 3 teenage sisters sleep in the same bed and have to share all their clothes. Can you imagine teenage girls doing that today???? Pug Hill is a delightful book about a 31 y.o. single woman living in NYC. The title comes from her favorite thing to do when life is stressful--go to Central Park and watch pugs playing. The author does a great job of creating believable characters and creating a wonderful, realistic first-person narrative voice.

OK must run. Going to visit my friend Pat, then coming home and cooking and doing laundry and feeding cats, and ....and...and the usual Sunday scrambling to get ready for another week.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh poor you, it's so awful when one of your pets are ill and you can't do anything about it. My lovely old ginger cat Orlando became sick on Christmas day a couple of years back and we spent most of the holiday running back and forwards to the vet. I hope your week is a little easier.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty...I know you are doing all you can for her and she's a lived a full life as a happy spoiled kitty.

Good job finishing four tops that are ready for the quilter!