Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Forbidden Jelly Roll

Well my Bernina came back from the shop working fine and whatever was wrong with it was covered under warranty so I just had to pay for the cleaning (yea!). I immediately cranked it up and put the pedal to the floor working on a UFO and then....

there it was...


sitting on my sewing table so innocently...


the new Moda jelly roll....


the beautiful cheery ZaZa line....


but I was resolved to work on my UFO (even though it was going badly and I had to unsew and I was getting frustrated)...


there it was so cute and new....


the forbidden New Project...


I felt like Homer Simpson in the Treehouse of Horror IV and his forbidden donut


it was the forbidden jelly roll...


my fingers itched to cut into new fabric.....


must resist...

Whew! now that I got that out of my system, I'm back to working only on UFOs. NO NEW PROJECTS!!!
P.S. This is a great quick quilt from the pattern "Strip Search" by G.E. Designs and none of the points match on purpose! I am naming my quilt "Sleep Deprivation" because it reminds me of all the great ideas I have when I'm really sleep deprived and they never quite connect LOL!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just to let you know, the cousins of the forbidden jelly roll sit next to me by the computer (no room in the sewing room :( It must be the zaza because I have oh so many UFO's and it is sooo tempting. Sitting beside the zaza luring me is selections purchased at Sweet Home. At least K have a plan for zaza...then there is the other pile sitting on the kitchen chair. I am out of control once again. Love sleep deprivation!

Teresa said...

Ah, thanks for this post..gave me a chuckle in an otherwise quiet afternoon.

Deb said...

love this story!!! i, too have been trying to work ONLY on UFO's this year, but the new Moda Prairie Paisley is calling to me - LOUDLY!!
deb

Michelle said...

What is it about new fabric that draws us to cut into it? I'm trying hard to finish old projects too and start as few new things as possible!

Becky said...

Yes! your Bernina is home. Glad to hear that the problem was covered under the warranty. The ZaZa quilt looks so much better than the swatches I saw on the internet. NO! I will not like this line :) If it made you happy to work on "Sleep Deprivation" then good. The Quit Police had the weekend off, too :) I'm too tired to sew tonight. Enjoying reading blogs.

Take car

Katie said...

I have to laugh. I have a "Swell" jelly roll haunting me. I'll (try) at least to wait until the OC step 2 blocks are done. :-)