Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mardi Gras!

(photo courtesy of The Times-Picayune)
Some year, I will spend Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Yes, it's probably crazy and crowded but I really want to experience it. Instead of catching beads, bar hopping on Bourbon Street, and Cafe du Monde, I will be at Cafe du Starbucks.
E. and I did devour most of a King Cake over the weekend however in celebration.


Om a quilting note: My friends Karin (who frequently disparages machine applique as the "A-word"), has finished her "Peace in the Valley" quilt top (designed by Pat) and appliqued the rick-rack and leaves. Hooray Karin!
On another quilting note: Unable to sleep last night, I finally figured out which pattern to use for my "Morris Garden" bundle. I wonder if this is considered a "new project", which I said I would not start until I finished some old projects. Or is it classified as a UFO since I already have the fabric and now the pattern? I guess I'll spend the rest of the week trying to rationalize starting it this weekend.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course it is a UFO and so by all means-get started on it right away!!! Is this one of the bundles from HOuston? I can't wait to see it...keep us posted!
Karin

Becky said...

Your king cake looks yummy! It's been years since I've been in NO for Mardi Gras, but it was pretty wild then. What pattern did you decide to use for the Morris Garden fabric? Where did you find the fabric? This was a project already in your mind so it's a FIU or UFO or PIGS. Hope you have time this weekend to sew!