Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve and a Last Finish for 2013

I finally finished sewing the rows of "Long Road Home" together today while watching The Walking Dead marathon.

I love this quilt (a swap with my quilting buddies) and I can't wait to get the backing sorted out and get it quilted.  I think I'll quilt it myself with diagonal lines so I can use it in the new year. I have more packing to do before that luxury though.  My plan is still to get to Santa Fe by the end of January/beginning of February so I best get a move on the remaining things (mostly the dreaded cleaning out the attic).

No plans for tonight--well except for the zombie watching and Skype-ing with the family in Michigan and Mr. SBQ and the cats in Santa Fe.

For all those Remy fans out there (especially Nancy), here's a Remy photo to take you into the new year.

Happy New Year to all and Happy Quilting in 2014!
"I'm not supposed to be on the table....but I'm too cute to move."


10 comments:

a good yarn said...

Happy New Year! Your quilt is fabulous and what a way to finish 2013.

Mad about Craft said...

Beautiful quilt!

Happy New Year!

dianne said...

i am loving the Long Road Home - and it HAS been a long road to home, hasn't it?!?

Remy is my favorite black kitty ... EVER!!!

sunny said...

What a wonderful quilt! Love the Remy photo - hope you're able to reunite with him soon. Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Happy New Year!

Karmen said...

Happy New Year Gretchen. I guess you have "A Long Walk Home With the Living Dead" as your quilt now.

Karmen said...

Or "Long Road Home with the Living Dead."

Yvette said...

I love that quilt. Great job!
Walking Dead is one of my favorites to sew to too. LOL

Michelle said...

Love the quilt AND the kitty! Happy New Year!

Anita said...

I love your 'Long Road Home'!! Great color choices!