Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Finish for a Long-Aging Project

 

One of the zillions many UFOs I found while packing up the sewing room was a table runner that was layered with top, batting and backing but not quilted.  Why it has been languishing at the bottom of a pile of tops I can't recall but it was long past the time to get this done. I thought I had put it aside during a busy December.  A quick word search of my blog resulted in no such good excuse--I made the top way back in August 2008 LOL.   It was quilted and bound in a jiffy.  I still love this fabric line; it's "Winter" by Minick & Simpson for Moda.
Here it is on my sideboard all ready for the holiday season.  


5 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Well, now, isn't that the cutest thing!

Michele said...

What a nice suprise for you! It looks wonderful :-)

Pam said...

Love it! Winter is one of my favorite lines ever - still hoarding some! I wish Moda would reprint it so I could get yardage. Congratulations on your finish!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi Gretchen, sorry I haven't been in touch, I've been down with a really bad cold, but I'm on the mend now. I haven't done one bit of decorating and my oldest grandson will be in from Maryland next Monday and his younger brother will be in from California on the 20th...guess I'll put up my 22" fiberoptic tree and get my Nativity scene out and call it done for this year, LOL. I'd lot's rather spend time with the grandsons (these are the two we raised from the time they were born) so I'm really missing them. Anyway, I had hoped you would be home with your family for Christmas, any chance of that? Well, I'm headed for bed, another night in a steam filled room, UGH! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Big, Big hugs....

Stitched With Prayer said...

OH shoot, forgot to tell you how much I love your finished project. Really gorgeous! Hugs sweet friend...