Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!  Happy Christmas Eve to those who celebrate.
I have been busy working, making cookies for my fellow coffee slingers, and sewing.  The house sale is progressing s--l--o--w--l--y and I may have more of an idea of a time frame after the holidays (keeping fingers & paws crossed that it will be done by end of January). It's a complicated and aggravating story so I won't go into all the details. Let's just concentrate on getting done with it all soon.

Oh how I wish I was in Santa Fe with Mr. SBQ and the cats.  I had Mr. SBQ send me a photo of the Plaza with the lights and snow.

I will have to wait until next year to to experience the wonderful tradition of the Farolito Walk on Canyon Road.  Thousands of farolitos (also called luminaries) line Canyon Road on Christmas Eve and there are carolers, cider and hot chocolate, bonfires, and festivities.  It sounds simply wonderful (if a bit crowded).  This article has more about holiday traditions in the area.


This year, I'll be working tonight and all day tomorrow at Starbucks for all those last minute shoppers and coffee fanatics.

I also have been requesting more cat photos from Mr. SBQ.  I explained to him that there are hundreds if not thousands of cat photos NOT being taken because I'm not there to capture every cutemous moment.  

I don't think he quite understood. 


This cutemous photo of Remy and Edgar Poe arrived via text one day.  Awww.  






8 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Kitty photos should be sent to you on a daily basis - they're just too cute not to get a daily dose of cuteness everyday! Good luck in selling your house!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oh Gretchen, I'm keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers that you will be back together in Santa Fe soon. Thanks so much for posting the photo of Remy and Edgar Poe...I was starting into Remy withdrawals, LOL. Wish you you a most blessed Christmas and a wonderful new year. God Bless and Keep. Big Hugs...

Heather said...

Wishing you all the best in your home sale. We went through a very difficult sale a year ago and just discovered we have to move again! Not looking forward to going through this all over again so soon.

sunny said...

So sorry you're not able to be with your loved ones this Christmas. Here's hoping the house will be sold soon, and you can head west. Merry Christmas!

dianne said...

Merry Christmas to you, Gretchen - next year will be better, i just KNOW it!!!

Gari in AL said...

I agree with the comment about needing a picture every day, maybe even of Mr. SBQ. But hopefully you will be in Santa Fe for Valentine's day. Hold a good thought and my prayers are with you.

Linda said...

Thank you to Mr. SBQ for the photos. It would hardly seem right for your house sale to go quickly and smoothly although the initial part was rather speedy at least!! I'm sending you my photo card via email, albeit a bit late, since I know you appreciate cat photos!!

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great New Year and hopefully the house sale will progress quickly and you can be with Steve and the kitties.