Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend snow in Atlanta


What happened to global warming? Atlanta has really had a bi-polar kind of winter--one week it's in the upper 60s ,the next it's snowing, and then it snows again. Snow is such a novelty here; everyone (including me) runs out and gets photos of their house in the snow.



The weather was not fun at 5:30 in the morning on Sunday when I was trying to go to SBux. It was 19 degrees and the car doors had frozen shut with about 1/2" worth of ice covering the car. After much cursing and fussing and some hot water, I finally go to work. The cats also had a
really *rough* time ....not! This is what the cats did all weekend. I worked on wool applique and watched movies on Saturday while watching the snow and staying wrapped up in quilts. On Sunday, I did work on getting my sewing table uncluttered. May actually get to sew at some point.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Your snow pictures are great. I didn't even want to go outside to take pictures. What a wonderful way to spend a weekend in Atlanta. Thanks for showing us snow in Stone Mountain.