Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good Things Happen Over Coffee


I have this sign hanging in my back hallway so I see it every time I leave and come home. I can't believe that January has flown by in a haze of insomnia, too much caffeine and working a zillion hours for the third month in a row.

Morticia is still sick and not doing well. I talked to the vet today and I need to bring her in for one more blood test and a different antibiotic--I think this is pretty much the strongest one. I worry about her and wish I could help her more. I am trying to stay in a positive mood lately though because sometimes you just have to or else you get too worn down by everything.

What does this have to do with the sign? Well tonight one of my dear friends and fellow partners at SBux was feeling down and after much of the ususal funny bantering, The Simpsons quotes, and the guys making fun of my choice in movies, by the end of the night he was smiling and laughing and showing a little of his old self. No matter how hard we work, how crazy some shifts are, and having to work 60-70 hours a week, I have made some wonderful friends at SBux and I know that when one of us looks like we are just treading water, someone will be there to make you smile. So Oliver, good things do happen over coffee. And for this shout out, you owe me about...

wait for it....

$3.50.
Cheers! And watch "Shoot 'Em Up" again. I know you will like it better the second time.

No comments: