Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fabric Temptation

I am still determined to follow my new year's resolution to finish UFOs and not start new projects. However, I knew when I saw this Moda line last year that I had to have some. It's called "Morris Garden" by Barbara Brackman and it's based on William Morris' Art & Crafts designs. And since I knew in 2007 that I would buy some, it doesn't count towards the 2008 resolution (all you quilters know this right??). Anyway, check out the Moda website (www.modafabrics.com) to see the whole line. I bought a fat quarter bundle so I could have a piece of each fabric and now I have to find the perfect pattern for it. Most of the fat quarter patterns have very angular blocks and I want something that's more Art Nouveau. Does anyone have any suggestions? Leave me a comment if you do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gretch,
Where did you find Morris Garden fabric? It's a gorgeous fabric line. I haven't sewn since last week. That's ok. I tend to hibernate in January anyway.

naginata said...

I saw some great feather stencils at Red Hen fabrics today. I could see how you could make those into some really neat Art Nouveau-ish motifs.
They also had some of Heather Bailey's Fresh cut stuff that I am in love with!
We should go sometime! :)

-Cate