Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another Car Ride for Morpheus

Morpheus and I had an uneventful ride to the vet today (which now means we didn't get pulled over by Gwinnett's finest.) I didn't sleep well last night and was worried about him all day today. I haven't slept well in about a week. I think it's the blasted weather...

He needed his teeth cleaned and there is always a slight risk with anesthesia and older cats (he is a spry 17!). The vet called mid-afternoon and Morph was fine. Morph did have to have one of his teeth pulled (I hope Morph wasn't counting on the tooth fairy coming because we didn't save his tooth!) Morph has a stylin' lime green bandage from his IV.

Cats are funny when they are groggy because they won't just lay down and go to sleep. They stumble around all drugged and woozy.


I spent awhile redoing my blog. I haven't decided if I like it or if I might change it again.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

message from Wild Willie: hope you are feeling better, Morph. I think you need to get a speical present for your ordeal and TWO car rides.

Like your blog layout. I need to figure ou how to update mine. I am bored with how it looks.

Needled Mom said...

Poor baby! I can't imagine how they would begin to understand the vet visit.

Michelle said...

Hope he's feeling better.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I like it.

actimph: a medication for pimples in very young people

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I like the new bloggie...nicely done! Poor Morph looks nice extra treats are in order..just sayin.

Pat

sewprimitive karen said...

I always say this but I can't believe that cute Morpheus is so old. You certainly have taken good care of him.

sewprimitive karen said...

I always say this but I can't believe that cute Morpheus is so old. You certainly have taken good care of him.

Cathi said...

I hope Morpheus is back to himself in no time. Lester & Smudge hope there are no more car rides in Morpheus' immediate future. :-)