Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Some Days are Like a Dilbert Cartoon

Day job has been exceedingly busy lately (maybe because we have lost nearly a third of our staff since the Great Recession....). I seem to spend more and more of my time in meetings.

Today I went to a meeting at 10AM. As the meeting went along, I lost track of all sense of time, which was easy since I didn't have a watch. The meeting went on and on and on. The discussion topics moved along incrementally at a nearly imperceptible pace.

I knew it had to be at least 2:30.

Maybe even 3:00.

Did this meeting start before or after lunch?

Finally! Done with meeting.

I bet it's nearly time to go home.

It was only 11:30AM...

On the same day...

3 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Oh, I remember meetings like that. Once again, I am so grateful I am now retired!

Cathi said...

At the entrance to those sorts of meetings, they should hand out No-Doze! I remember fighting to stay awake in meetings like that one!

*karendianne. said...

Oh gawd that sux. I remember those days. I really do. Oh friend. You're funny the way you can describe the pain of it all.