Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Sewing Day

I had today all planned out--coffee, some computer time, gather projects, stay in pjs and sew all day. First two items went great. Then a bit of a snag. True confession time here fellow quilters and I really hope this has happened to someone else besides me......

After looking through my sewing room for an hour, I couldn't find the project I wanted to work on. It was not in the big bins, not in the giant ziploc bags, not in the tote bags, not in the apple crate, not in the armoire, and not in the laundry basket. Where is it???? It was for a Xmas gift. I have no idea where it is although I did make sure all four cats made it out of all the fun hiding places in the sewing room. What to do??? Well of course there is always a plan B. So I am going with plan B. And I am sure I will find the project next June, well after Christmas.

After that adventure, the cats and I spent the rest of the day spreading as much quilting stuff around the house as possible. Sorry, no photos, we worked on Secret Stuff.

10 comments:

Gina said...

Yes that's happened to me aswell. I found my lost project the day after I had packaged up and sent off Plan B.
Have you checked on the floor underneath/behind tables. That's where my lost project was.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Andrea said...

I can never find anything. I drive myself mad. I know where things are until I decide to put them somewhere "better" or in one of my famous "safe places" - lol ! They all turn up in the end though.

Unknown said...

It is all part of the Moda Man plan. OMG he is now able to get into out houses telepathically!!!! We must consult with Bad Melisa on this one

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Stuff happens..but at least you got to sew!

Pat

Anonymous said...

This is exactly my plan for today! I even have lots cooked so I don't have to make meals etc.

I'm hoping to finish the project who's deadline went whooshing past with Halloween...

dianne said...

i have the opposite problem - i keep finding projects that i forgot i had ... i moved some of the wolf fabric to look for a paw that i dropped on the floor and found the doll quilt that was supposed to be my mother's birthday present ... sheesh!

Unknown said...

I love it when god says....wait. It happens to me all the time...it will come when you least expect it.

Cathi said...

When you stop looking for it and have happily decided on Plan B, Plan A will show up. Eventually.

sewprimitive karen said...

I have one that's lost, too. I have looked everywhere.

Becky said...

Hope that your project comes out of hiding real soon! My problem is finding projects that I have ignored and tried to forget.