Sunday, November 15, 2009

Guest Blogger

Well I guess us cats have to do everything around here. This is Edgar Poe having to write this blog post in the middle of supper time because my human has been flinging fabric around all weekend and running that noisy machine. I tried to get Stella to get me in focus but she was in a hurry to get dinner, probably out of my dish...Sisters are such a pain.

My human has been muttering something about holidays coming up and it's nearly Thanksgiving and all kind of things I don't understand but there are paper lists and pencils out to play with so I don't care about those things unless there are treats or special food involved.

My human met one of her friends, Karin, yesterday at a place called "Bad Melisa's" and she brought home a fun bag to play in. I batted spools of thread and sat on fabric until she took them away. How come everything is called "no" around here? I did get to sleep on some new quilts that my human picked up from the lady that makes fabric more comfortable by putting something called batting in them. I am supposed to help put binding on the quilts this week and then there will be pictures of me sitting on them for this blog. I am a big help when it comes to binding and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

OK my paws are tired now and I'm late for dinner. Hope there is some left for me or I will have to get into the tupperware container again. Edgar Poe over and out.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Edgar- you think you have problems? My human would not stay still long enough for me to get a decent nap today. AND THEN she got lint ALL OVER ME. First she cut up little strips and then she tied them on a ring. What is the point? She also complained that I was getting in her light when she was trying to sew binding on my latest quilt!
At least tomorrow I can do what I want.
Your friend, Henry

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

OK Edgar why did I not see your human yesterday? I was at Bad Melisa's!

Pat who can't believe she is talking to a cat!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Edgar, get a grip. Your life is lovely compared to mine at present. My humans are babysitting a DOG that apparently belongs to THEIR humans. It's been a week now, and I've been hiding in the basement. Not sleeping with my humans, not even crawling into their recliner. It's been wretched. I've heard them saying that the DOG will be leaving on Wednesday. I sure hope they're right!

Your friend,
Bodacious, Near Philadelphia

PS: Excellent word verification: unows, as in unows how miserable I am right now!

Carol said...

Edgar thank you so much for the update on your human...sounds like she had a very busy weekend.

Becky said...

Edgar, please take care of Gretch. We don't want her stressing too much at this time of year. It's your job to help her relax. Thanks for keeping us posted!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Edgar Allan, Rembrandt here. It's a good thing Gretchen has you, my human would be lost without me. Pencils are the best.