Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I have a lot to be thankful for during these rough times: S. & E., my cats, my family, friends here and in blogland, my jobs, a house, and my faithful truck to get me places. I'm also thankful for Bad Melisa and the Moda man that keep me in fabric.

I should have known that I wouldn't be lucky enough to have a holiday off and was called into Starbucks to work even though I was scheduled to be off. It was a very understaffed insanely busy day, and I was slinging coffee like a mad woman
(similar to Snoopy making toast from Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving). Venti lattes and mochas for everyone!!!!

Yesterday was a furlough day so I spent the day sewing and cooking: made the cornbread for dressing, homemade pie crusts for the sweet potato pie and pecan pie, chocolate chip cookies (because according to S. and E. "there was nothing to eat in the house"), and made the dressing so all I had to do was put it in the oven. After Starbucks, I came home and made sauteed kale, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, cooked the dressing, and S. bought a honey baked ham (yes we had ham instead of turkey and went a little non-traditional this year). We now have food for the next four days and hopefully I won't have to cook and I can just sew. I didn't get to show E. how to make homemade rolls so we may do that this weekend but hopefully that will be it. Well I have hit the proverbial brick wall and am off to read and get some rest. I'm thinking tomorrow is going to be a pj day--won't see me out in the shopping crowds.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your pj day. If I didn't have to work, I too would not bother to get dressed. Don't feel bad about me..I don't intend to work that hard or that long!

sewprimitive karen said...

So much cooking, well done! Pretty day yesterday, eh? So much wind and bright skies.

Carol said...

Enjoy your PJ day! Those are my favorite days! No shopping for me today either!

*karendianne. said...

Right on friend, you deserve a break. Wow! I'm not supposed to be hungry right now but reading all you cooked up, I'm sorta getting that way. Stop it would ya!

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Aawww, you're sweet, Gretch! I'm thankful that you love Sweet Home, too, AND the Moda man! :-) Between the two of us, we should be able to keep you in fabric a long, long time!

MelissaS said...

Snoopy! For the last three years two friends of mine and their families and my family have Snoopy Thanksgiving at my house the Friday before Thanksgiving. There isn't any toast, popcorn, or jelly beans, but there is always good food, wine and lots of laughter.

My favorite Snoopy Thanksgiving scene...when Woodstock accidentally puts Snoopy's ear in the toaster and butters it. Gets me every time!