Sunday, November 29, 2009

Leftovers

Is everyone in America tired of leftovers yet? E. and I were laughing on Friday as we were heating up leftovers because we were picturing people all over the country doing the same thing. Just think about it--all the tupperware, all the foil covered dishes, trying to make gravy go from a gelatinous blob to smooth gravy again. The Thanksgiving ham has been turned leftovers, then into a casserole which lasted for meals and now it's ham and bean soup. I just have one question though, how come there is never any leftover pie by Sunday?
Here is my pecan pie which was gone by Friday and here's the sweet potato pie that was great for breakfast on Saturday.
(It's OK, I didn't have any whipped cream so it still counted as a vegetable).

No shopping for me this year. I didn't leave the house from Thursday afternoon until this morning when I went to Sbux. Loved it!!! I missed going to see Bad Melisa but I need to wait until I get that extra pay from working Thanksgiving at SBux. I got some sewing done but not nearly as much as I thought I would or as I needed to. We all vegged and watched a lot of movies and a seasons worth of "30 Rock" (laughter counts as exercise right?).

Here are the November blocks of the month that I finished just as November is leaving us. November, why are you leaving already; you just got here!!!
Little Quilts Saturday Sampler. I've never seen this block before. Isn't it neat?
And Fat Quarter Shop 2009 Designer Mystery
So tomorrow is Monday, let's all pout about having to go back to work....

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

POUT!!!!! :( I am just pouting because November will soon be a memory.

Gari in AL said...

We haven't even started on the leftovers (except the pie). I packaged it all in 2 serving packages and everything went into the freezer. We will be having turkey and dressing for about 7 months. But, once a month will not seem like leftovers, just Thanksgiving revisited.

Unknown said...

pout. pout...back to work today..I'd like another day off, please.

*karendianne. said...

So I was reading along and with you all the way, thinking I was going to comment about breakfast pie. I missed that this year and now that you mention it - I do, do miss it! Yummy. I was happy to read you missed out on the shopping due to your SBux because I think it's worth it. I'm just sayin...

That's what I was going to talk about but your block got me all distracted! What a cool block. It pops and it looks like a lot of fun to make. I want to make that block. I wanna get my hands on that block. I'm all distracted now.

sewprimitive karen said...

I think that particular Little Quilts block is really cute, too; wouldn't it look nice repeated in a quilt with those little nine-patches, ahhhh.

Carol said...

Oh I love pie for breakfast after Thanksgiving...one of my favorite things!

Michelle said...

I was thinking the same thing on Friday while heating up leftovers. LOL I think people look forward to the leftovers almost as much as Thanksgiving Day. Good job keeping up with your BOMs!!