Saturday, August 30, 2008

Long Weekend

Hooray for the long weekend! For the first time in who knows how long, I have a three day weekend from both jobs. It has been one of those long, tired weeks for me. I worked at SBux every night, then watched DNC speeches and got to bed late all week. No sewing for me this week but I plan to change that as soon as I finish my coffee (today's brew is Starbucks Pike Place Roast).

Also, three very dear people in my life had surgery this week. Becky of quiltingbooklady.blogspot.com had hip replacement surgery on Wed. She is doing good and would love it if you'd hop on over there and send her get well wishes. My mom had her second knee replacement surgery on Thurs. She is doing good and hopefully will be going home tomorrow. My grandma had bypass surgery on Thurs. and is doing fine. I am glad that everyone is doing well. Too much worrying with everyone having surgery in the same week. I figure that August must be National Body Part Replacement month--I'm glad I am not among the celebrants.

OK off to sew. I hope to get something done and posted so stay tuned...

No comments: