Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pavlov's Zombies (or It is Melisa's Fault)

It all started last night after working at Starbucks and I was innocently checking my email . Melisa from Sweet Home Quilt Co. sent an email entitled "New Moda Collections Just Delivered!". The email seemed innocent enough. Wow new stuff at Melisa's so I opened the email.

There were pictures of fabulous charm packs jelly rolls and layer cakes.
There were descriptions of the most scrumptious new Moda fabrics.

There was Melisa writing "Trust me when I tell you that you do not want to wait too long to get in here and check out these new arrivals."

It was worse than Pavlov's dogs....I had to get-in-the-car-and-go-buy-these-fabrics-right-this-minute. I was like a zombie---must...get...fabric. But it was 12:30 AM and I had to wait until morning. I even had a list of the new fall Moda fabrics I wanted to get and what projects I wanted to make (ummm really I'm not obsessed with Moda fabric really I'm not).
OK flash forward to this morning. I zoom into the parking lot at 10:20AM. Must...get...fabric... Open the door and there she was...Melisa!!! And guess who else was there--Karin. After much laughing and accusing Melisa of being BAD BAD BAD!!! This is what I bought:
("Harvest Home" jellyroll, "Portobello Market" jellyroll, backing for "Winter" tablerunner, and "Civil War" charm packs and fabric to make the "Firecracker" quilt.)

Hop over to Karin's blog to read her account of the day and you can see a photo of Melisa with our shopping bags. (note: although Melisa looks sweet and innocent--beware!!!).

I came home and worked on my "Chic or Treat" table topper.
Ta Da--1st quilt top done for August.
And started "Firecracker" even though I had planned on working on bindings. But it was too hot here today to work on bindings. I'm loving all these new projects and stacks of jelly rolls everywhere and planning and lists. It was a fun day and it is all Melisa's fault!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the quilt. After the stop with the grandkids, I finally got started on quilting the baby quilt. It is almost done. Tomorrow I need to do the binding and then it can head up o NY.
This morning was so funny-she has us trained.......MODA...come...need to buy.......need more Moda now!!!

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Do I need to come up with a 12-step program for ya'll?

It was fun, fun, fun having you all in the shop yesterday...I'm just glad I have the stuff you love to feed your addictions! Trust me, if I didn't own the shop I'd be right there with ya'll, buying it all up!

Becky said...

I'm drolling from here. Those jelly rolls look fabulous and you have a great book to use them all up. Love your Halloween table quilt. What book is that one from? Like it lots!!! Too hot to sew upstairs. I cleaned the dining room table (again) to set up my featherweight for August sewing.

Take care!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

ok enough...you are definately in the category of hard core addiction. Sarah gave me a personal account of your actions(Karin too!)!! Go forth and sew!

P