Monday, December 31, 2007

Auld Lang Syne

New Year's Eve--I have only met one person who could sing all the verses to Auld_Lang_Syne. Chris is British no less and was my next-door neighbor when I was in undergrad. I am still impressed and that New Year's was probably the best I've had. I still remember the great friends, good food, a fine bottle of scotch, and Chris singing. I always think about Chris on New Year's but I digress... All and all New Year's Eve is highly overrated. I mean really--how many people actually dress up in swanky clothes, go to fabulous parties, and have some monumentally wonderful romantic evening????? (Maybe I just hang out with the wrong people.) I think the New Year's party scene in When Harry Met Sally completely spoiled New Year's Eve for me. So I am happy to be in my own house having a normal, low-key evening.

Am working tonight at Sbux (surprise, surprise), but we close early so then it is h0me and dinner and a bottle of champagne chillin in the fridge.

Morticia update: inconclusive. She is on antibiotics again and has to go back to the vet in 2 weeks.


Reflections on 2007: Well it wasn't a great year and it wasn't a bad year--it was just a year. Cynical I am but there is always a little bit of optimism in me that hopes the new year will be better than the last. So here is to 2008, may it be a better year for everyone in my life (and for me too.)
PS: we have had rain in Atlanta for 10 out of the past 12 days so yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus and I should have asked him for a winning lottery ticket!!!!!!





















No comments: