Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wet Paws and Flopping Ears....

Was the local pet weather report in SEATTLE! Yes along with all the Gomez medical drama, I was busy getting ready for my vacation. I was prepared for rain (courtesy of my new fancy-dancy rain coat from REI), but the wind--apparently it was windier here than it has been in decades (hence the flopping ears). It was windy!!! And cold--in the low 50s. But I am lovin' Seattle and walked all over town.

First stop: The Mother Urn--Starbucks at Pike Place Market. The store is much smaller than I thought it would be. I lost track not only of how many Starbucks I passed but also how many cups of coffee I drank.


Pike Place Market was the best. Look at those veggies!!! I think all I would need is a fork and a saute pan and I would be set to live here at the market. I wanted to buy..oh one of everything but settled for a pint of raspberries to have as a mid-day snack.
Yes, I saw the famous fish-throwing vendors. Actually the person I saw dropped the Dungeness crab he was thrown.

Did I mention that I love Seattle???? Even with the weather. I walked all over town and took a zillion photos. Seattle has really great historic buildings and is wonderful walkable city.

Another place I could live in easily, Elliott Bay Book Co. They have over 150,000 titles here and the store is a fabulous historic building with wood floors and shelves and shelves of great books. With the baggage restrictions, I couldn't get that many books so settled for one on Seattle architecture.

More soon....

1 comment:

Becky said...

I so want to go to Seattle. Thanks for sharing your trip! I'm there in spirit. We found a book store like that in Denver. It was way cool. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!