Monday, June 2, 2008

Gomez Update

Picked up Gomez from the emergency vet and paid BIG bill (good thing I'm working Mon-Fri at SBux!!!!). Everyone with pets knows that you'll do everything for them. A small price to pay for unconditional love and sheer joy they bring.

He is stable but had to go directly to regular vet since he still has a catheter. It's lovely juggling purse, cat in cat carrier, miles of tubes and a bag of cat pee let me tell ya (I bet Karin is laughing at this one).

Gomez has to stay at the regular vet at least until Wednesday. More tests and more medicine. Bless his heart, he looks pitiful today with his Elizabethan collar. But I think he will be OK.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

It's good to hear he's on the mend.

Carol said...

Glad to hear that Gomez is doing better. we had to put our Lab Maverick to sleep after the retreat. The vet diagnosed cancer. it was very hard for us.
I am also jealous that you made it to Melissa's sale. I have been working at Stone Mountain Park.

Unknown said...

Poor little Gomez. I hope he is beginning to feel better and can come home soon. Does he have a UTI? I see prescription cat food in your future. Bailey seems to be doing okay on hers although lab work is due in July and then we will know more. Hopefully Laur will be home by then!

Becky said...

Oh, no. Poor Gomez! Hope that he is able to come home soon. Hate to hear that he is suffering. Rusty has his "annual" this afternoon. He is not going to be happy with me.