Tuesday, June 10, 2008

North by Northwest

Hello from chilly Washington State! Everyone I've talked to has said this is the worst spring/worst weather they have had in a long time. I don't mind it though because I am out of hot, humid Atlanta!! After having coffee and the best doughnuts in the world, traveled north from Seattle to Whidbey Island.
Look at all the shades of gray in the landscape. The mountains in the background are the Cascade Mountains, which got snow the past couple of days (good thing I'm not headed that way as I didn't bring snow gear!!)

I love lighthouses so went to see this lighthouse at Fort Casey State Park

Also saw native Pacific Northwest wildlife:
All together now: awwwwwwwww
lots and lots of birds on the island. I have no idea what kind of bird this is but it has great colors

All is not just fun and bunnies though, I have been getting daily updates from my vet about Gomez. Gomez was really doing badly yesterday and the vet was really worried about him which made me worry about Gomez even more. But today the vet called and said he thought Gomez has turned the corner and is on 3 different medicines and no catheter and seems to be doing better. I am so relieved. It was so hard to leave to go on this trip with Gomez sick and the price of gas and the instability of everything. But I had planned this for a long time and had all the tickets/reservations/money saved, etc. so here I am having fun, getting rest, enjoying the rain, and drinking lots of coffee in spite of everything. More from the next WiFi place.

7 comments:

Kim West said...

Whidbey Island is a great place. Be sure to stop at the great quilt stores there.. Quilting By the Sea in Langley (S. Whidbey) and one in Freeland. I lived on Whidbey for three years and loved it. Enjoy your stay there.

Amanda said...

It sounds like a great trip - lots to do, lots to look eat and good food and drink. sorry to hear Gomez is still ailing but hope he's on the mend by the time you get home.

Becky said...

Great photos! Thanks for posting on your trip!!!!! Sorry about Gomez. Sounds like he is receiving fabulous care. Enjoy your trip. He will need your TLC when he gets home.

Carol said...

Your pictures are great. That is one area I have never been!! Please enjoy your trip. I know that Gomez is getting the best of care.

Unknown said...

Glad you are having a good vacation. Also glad that Gomez is doing better. Enjoy your time away-ot os still hot here!!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Sound like you are enjoying your trip very much..Try to relax and chill out. Hot hot hot here..we MAAAAYYY be getting some rain but who knows? We need it so badly. I've been sewing like crazy today enjoying myself so much.

Pat

Mrs.Pinion said...

Gretchen, I loved the Seattle area on our trip last year. I hope you continue to have a great time!!! Can't wait to see the additions to the stash!

SUE