Thursday, July 7, 2011

Recent Reads & Simple Times Quilt Along

Gomez as Library Sphinx
I didn't get much sewing done over the long holiday weekend as I thought I would. The weather was intolerable with high heat and high humidity so I stayed inside in the air conditioning and succeeded in not being very productive.  Although I did read two books so I guess that's something.  I read Marie Bostwick's latest book Threading the Needle and Tina Fey's Bossypants.  Both were enjoyable and perfect for long holiday weekend couch reading.


 This week I did get caught up on the Simple Times Quilt Along. 
1930s fabrics just make me smile.

Having a short week at work also makes me smile.  One more day and it's the weekend again woo hoo!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Love those 30's! So happy! I need to get Threading the Needle on my Kindle to read at the beach next week...thanks for reminding me.

*karendianne. said...

Please let Gomez know Kanga noticed the Sphinx shot and is fast falling in love. I think she has a crush on him. I am trying to get her off my lap now and she's holding on for dear life. Should I put the picture of Gomez back up? Gee wiz. This is supposed to be ME TIME.

I TOTALLY dig your blocks. What fun they look like and such great fabrics. Good on ya! And reading. Reading. What was that? I used to do that a lot. Hmmm. Maybe I might consider that, ha?

sewprimitive karen said...

Library Sphinx, what a fabulous description of dear Gomez. Your blocks look great!

Michelle said...

Those blocks look really GOOD!