Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Waiting for a Refrigerator

First of all, hooray for September on the first day of September! We are just a little closer to Fall, my favorite season. I am home today waiting for the new refrigerator to be delivered. Unfortunately, a refrigerator appears to be a necessity in the modern age (especially in Hotlanta). While at home for the day, I decided to get my weekend chores done so I won't have to do them this weekend and spend the long weekend playing with fabric instead.

I'm still working away on Double Delight
Good thing I thought of someone to give this quilt to because it's just a little to pink for me. I like the quilt, just not all the pinky pink. Pink is my absolute least favorite color. In fact I didn't even like pink as a little girl.

I liked purple (Still do!)....

Back in the early 1970s when purple was hard to find....

Among all that avocado green, rusty orange, and mushroomy brown....(I think these colors are coming back though...)

In honor of September, which is one more month closer to October (my favorite month), I decided to prep a new Halloween project from Minick & Simpson's most delightful (and purple-y) Halloween line.
Can't wait to start working on this quilt!

6 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

I think that it's me you decided to give your Double Delight to, right??

Unknown said...

Love your Double Delight.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see Halloweenie!

*karendianne. said...

Gosh your Double Delight is so yummy. Lovely piecing makes it all the more delight-ful!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Hi Gretchen,
I just found your blog through another. We might have a lot in common as I'm a 30-something quilter and cat lover, too! Your Double Delight is wonderful.
Kimber

Becky said...

Can't wait to see your new Halloween project! Great fabric! I haven't seen this one in "person" yet. Take care!