Saturday, September 11, 2010

After a Trying Week, Some Sewing Time

Good thing this week was a short one because it was a very trying week, and try as I may, I didn't have a chance to blog. I'm glad the week is over. I missed a Labor Day post and I missed posting photos from Sarah no blog (sorry Sarah!).

I did get a lot of sewing accomplished last weekend.

A Groovy Girls project: this super-fabulous bag in my all time favorite fabric line Rouenneries. I can't wait to make more of these bags--easy, fun, and useful! Plus they stand up all by themselves. Edgar Poe and Morph both took turns jumping into the bag and both were much too quick for the camera.
And some tiny treat bags.Both projects courtesy of Bad Melisa.

I also finished all the blocks for Double Delight and started sewing rows together. I also did some major cleaning up in the sewing room (long overdue).

Today instead of working on Double Delight, I started a new project (sometimes you just need to start something new...) Here is a Gomez paw with a sneak peek.


Along with the rest of America, I am remembering the events of September 11th today.

Although I am not going to start in on the rant I would like to, I do have to say that I am sick and tired of the lies and fear-mongering and am deeply saddened by the blatant bigotry and racism that has poisoned the summer. In the noble words of a great president: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, first inaugural address.

On this ninth anniversary, peace everyone. Peace.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Missed seeing you at Becky's. Love the bag. What pattern is that?

*karendianne. said...

Amazing what a Groovy bit of Rouenneries and some Bad Melisa will do!!! (although nothing quite works without a Gomez Paw, man.)

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Ooooh, groovy...girl! Love the Renuzit bag...and the treat bags are just so stinkin' cute. Sorry you had a bad week, but at least you finished up with some fun sewing time! Can't wait for Groovy Girls show and tell next month!

Simone de Klerk said...

Your bags look very pretty! Look forward to see what new project you have started. I agree, we need to start something new every now and then to stay inspired and motivated!

Angie said...

Well said, and those are beautiful bags!

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Couldn't agree with you more. The racism is getting so bad. Its like all the progress that we had made is being erased and never happened.
Its tiresome and I to, just want peace.
On the rest of your post - your stuff looks great, and I love the sneak peak under the kitty paw!