Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tag and I'm it

Becky tagged me to tell you 7 weird things about me. Hmmm just 7--it's hard to narrow down to just 7.

Here are THE RULES:
Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
Post THE RULES on your blog.
Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
Tag 7 people and link to them.
Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

1. I was born in Germany and that's why I have a German name. My dad was in the army and my parents lived in Wurtzburg, Germany. I had dual citizenship until I was 18 but I have never been to Germany, don't speak German, and don't really like German food except for Black Forest cake LOL! I really would like to go to Germany someday and see all the places I've only seen in photos.

2. I had a brown belt in Tang Soo Do, a Korean martial art, in high school and could kick some major butt. The operative word here is "could", unfortunately that was a loooonng time ago, but I absolutely loved it and wish I had time to get back into some sort of martial arts and get in shape again.

3. I have two bachelor degrees in English (literature) and anthropology.

4. I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. I really wanted to continue my education in anthropology at the University of Tennessee, which has a premier forensic anthropology program, but decided against it because I couldn't imagine being a broke college student through a doctorate program. So now I watch "Bones" and any other forensic show and read Particia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs.

5. I am a Martha Stewart wannabe. Yes, I know she went to jail, but I absolutely adore Martha and really admire her for all she has done. I Tivo her show, have all her books and magazines, and wish I had her time, money, (and maybe the staff) to do more crafts, garden, decorate, etc. etc. to be more Martha-like.

6. I love to cook everything from scratch and am famous among family and friends for baking--cookies, cakes, pies, bread, you name it. Before I started working so much, I would spend days making at least 20 different kinds of gourmet cookies to package up for people for Christmas. I have cookbooks galore and read them like novels.

7. I can pick up things with my toes--cat toys, pens, paper, magazines. Is that weird?

OK I'm supposed to tag 7 bloggers for this but I think everyone I know has already been tagged so if you haven't been--then you're it!

2 comments:

Becky said...

How very interesting! I didn't know you were born in Germany. Can't believe that you have been hiding your toe talent from all of us :)

Enjoy your trip to NC! Miss you!

KC Quilter said...

Hi, just discovered your blog and will visit often!! I, too, am a huge Martha fan.