Saturday, May 12, 2012

Recovering

I am recovering slowly it seems from my wisdom teeth surgery.  Thank you all for the wonderful not-scary stories and all the well wishes in the comments.  Y'all are the best!!  Truly the best!!

The surgeon did have to do more work than she originally thought to get the lower impacted teeth out so I look less like a






cute little chipmunk

and more like a




puffer fish.

Seriously swollen.  Even after bags and bags of ice.
The pain has been manageable with the pain meds I am on. I'm not as sleepy as I thought I would be and I've spent a lot of time catching up on blogs and websites.

I'm also started reading Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson and am about halfway through already.  

The cats have enjoyed having me stuck in bed for three days now and we all are camped out on the bed with toys (for the cats), books, magazines, iPhone, and a laptop. 


Before my surgery, I picked out fabrics for this month's Schnibble and got the pieces all cut. (no cutting on pain meds!!)  I think I can draw the lines for the HSTs but that's about it for today.

I just love Kate Spain fabric and I think Doc is going to be a great fit for "Good Fortune." I'm using gray as a background again and a deep purple for the cornerstones and binding.  Big purple floral is for the backing.


6 comments:

Carol said...

Hope your swelling goes down quickly-- remember to practice safe sewing while on drugs.

Gari in AL said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are down and hope you are up soon. I got so far behind blog reading I skipped several days and missed your dental trip. Enjoy your resting time and special kitty time, even though you are puffy.

Cathi said...

I'm glad you're managing so well on the pain meds. I hope the swelling disappears soon and you're feeling much better.

sewprimitive karen said...

omg the photos of the chipmunk and puffer fish are hilarious. I am sorry you have been laid up for so long, though. Thank goodness it's three days behind you already.

Carol said...

Take good care Gretchen...glad the meds are working...ice is your friend!

ytsmom said...

Glad to hear things are going OK. Can't wait to see your Schnibble, sounds pretty. I'm making mine from 30's fabrics.