Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Accomplishment

I really enjoyed Memorial Day weekend and had two days off from both jobs.  I really would've liked another day but oh well, at least it's a short work week.

On Monday, I decided to stretch my sewing skills and attempt a skirt for my niece Mackenzie.  And I did it!  I made clothes!  First attempt at clothes making since home ec in middle school.

Don't look too close because it's not exactly perfect but it will look great on a 2-year-old running by at top 2-year old speed.

The pattern is called "Julia" by ModKid.  The pattern was easy to follow and had great instructions for newbie garment sewists.  The size range is 2T-7.

I just adore the Snoopy fabric and think the scale of the design is just perfect for this little skirt.

The book Stitch by Stitch: Learning to Sew, One Project at a Time by Deborah Moebes was a great help in relearning/learning about garment construction.  The projects in the book are great and someday I'll get around to making some of those too.

Mackenzie's skirt should be arriving by mail soon and I can't wait to hear how she likes it.  (Hope it fits!)

If all goes well, I may try more clothes and hope to venture into sewing for myself.  Too bad I am a bit too old for twirly Snoopy skirts.  Guess I'll stick to my usual black, gray, or brown.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Cute as can be! Oh she'll love her twirly skirt! What fun!

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Eu adorei seu trabalho,lindo de mais,parabéns.

Needled Mom said...

It is just darling!

Carol said...

I have lots of patterns for litle girls if you want to check them out-- I make dresses and such for the granddaughters-- now size 3 & 4.

Unknown said...

Cute skirt. I know Mackenzie will love it.