Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Finish for April

Hooray a finished top for April! This is the Gypsy Rose quilt I worked on earlier in the month. The pattern called for a larger outer border but I decided not to put it on (1) because the fabric I bought just wasn't working for me and (2) sometimes I get tired of the small inner border/larger outer border look. I liked the quilt like this so this is what it is. I had enough of the fabric I bought for the outer border to use as a backing (it's a small quilt about 45 X 62) and now it's ready to go to my long-arm quilter Peggy (along with 50-11 other tops...). I think I will take three to her; the others being my Mardi Gras quilt (aka Bonnie Hunter's Orange Crush) and E's flannel quilt (now that it is 80 degrees out...). Melisa helped me pick out border fabric for my Mardi Gras quilt at Sweet Home Quilt Co. so hopefully I will have that done by the end of the month.

PS: Check out Becky's blog for her 150th post giveaway!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that quilt. I agree about the borders, the last three quilts I have made have had multiple borders, the next one I make will probably only have one.

Jossie said...

Lovely quilt as it is. I would not add another border. I am a first time visitor. Great blog you have!

Simone de Klerk said...

Your new quilt is perfect! Great colors. And I agree with you, not adding a second border. It sometimes takes the attention too much, and the one you have is perfect to the quilt!
Have a great week!