Friday, November 21, 2008

The holidays arrived at Starbucks...

at precisely 9:32 PM on Friday when everyone and their brother descended on my store all at once. We were slinging milk and coffee and hot chocolate the rest of the night. And so it begins... Maybe it had something to do with the unseasonably cold weather here in the ATL (30s at night 40s-50s during the day). The Weather Channel says it's 27 degrees now and should get down to 20 by morning. That's January cold not November cold. Another sign of global weirding as Thomas Friedman would say.

I haven't blogged much this week--it's been kind of a crazy week and I mostly came home and curled up in a quilt with a cup of hot tea. The cats act like they don't have permanent fur coats and have been hogging the heat vents.

I am looking forward to (later) today when several of my quilting cohorts and I invade Sweet Home Quilt Co. like a Mongol hoard with coupons in hand for some visiting and maybe some finding a thing or two we can't live without. We let Melisa know ahead of time--hope she is ready for us LOL!

2 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Sounds like fun; where'd you get coupons for Sweet Home?

Becky said...

So looking forward to seeing everyone today! I'm ready to shop and talk.