Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Meet the cats: Gomez

Gomez is another stray cat that adopted me. He was about 6 months old or so when he started hanging around the house in spring 2001. I would see glimpses of a scrawny black cat in the yard. At night, he would stay in the crawl space under the house and would scare everyone in the house with these ghostly "merrrrooooorau"s that you could hear coming up from the register vents in the floor. I would jump, the dog would jump, the cats would jump. Finally one rainy night in May, I came home and he was in the drive so I brought him some food and he decided that I was OK so I brought him in the house.

Here is his favorite place in the winter when it is cold. Under him is the heat vent--you can't see it at all---and I wonder why it's chilly in the house.

Yes, I have black cats named Gomez and Morticia. The "Addams Family" is one of my all time favorite TV shows. My dad and I used to watch it on the weekends.

I want to live in a house like this.
Wouldn't it be great to have a sewing room in the tower??? I could hide up there and sew away with a great view.
Now if you will excuse me, I need to make some tea. It's chilly in the house...I wonder why...

No comments: